Ages 9-17, 8:30am-12:30pm
Menehune Surf’s Ocean Adventure Camp offers an innovative, super fun, educational experience to get kids ages 9-17 stoked on a lifetime passion for the ocean. Each day begins with a 1.5 hour surf lesson followed by another adventure that includes, kayaking, paddle boarding and snorkeling. Each adventure includes instruction and guided explorations of the wide variety of marine ecosystems found in and around La Jolla.
Here’s the schedule of activities to folow the surf lesson each day.
(order of activities subject to change based on ocean conditions):
- Monday: Kayak through the majestic La Jolla sea caves and learn about ocean ecosytems, birds, sea lions, and dolphin.
- Tuesday: Snorkel the harmless leopard shark breeding grounds of La Jolla. Check out bat rays and six foot guitar fish too!
- Wednesday: Stand up paddle board over calm La Jolla reefs. Learn about and see marine fish, invertibrates, and sea turtles.
- Thursday: Kayak and snorkel the kelp forest and through La Jolla cove. Expect a great chance to swim with sea lions!
- Friday: Tide pooling while learning about invertibrates and boogie boarding while learning basic physical oceanography.
Participation in this camp is a great way to experience all that La Jolla Shores has to offer! Through the activities provided, we hope to not only provide campers with new and exciting knowledge about the ocean, but also to instill a love and respect for our environment that will stay with them for a lifetime!
- Other Important Information and Frequently Asked Questions
*Schedule may vary slightly depending on conditions for kayaking, snorkeling and surfing.
*Kayaking will be in tandem kayaks.
Location: La Jolla Shores
Enrollment limited to 8 campers or less
1:4 instructor to camper ratio
No Hidden Fees! City of San Diego 10% surcharge and $3 registration fee included!
Price includes all neccesary equipment.
*Each camper is responsible for bringing his or her own snack, lunch, and water bottle.
*All campers will receive a Menehune Surf t-shirt at the end of each camp session.